Thursday, December 5, 2013

2013 Jesse Tree: Abraham

Scripture: Genesis 15:1-6; Hebrews 11:1
.
Event/Theme: Abraham
.
Symbol we use: We begin turning on the lights on our tree every evening. The small lights represent the uncountable stars in the sky. If my tree topper were star-shaped, I would put that up today, as well as every star-shaped ornament.
.
Meditation: It's easy to believe that the sun will rise every morning, because it always has in our experience. It's easy to believe that a blessing we have received came from the Lord, because we already possess it. It's easy to believe that the next breath will extend our lives, because we are already filling our lungs with it. True faith requires that we believe what we don't see and don't yet experience. Abram's faith was credited to him as righteousness because he had no reason to expect a son other than believing that what God told him was true.
.
My faith is weak. I believe for a little while but then I give up. I stumble in face of circumstances rather than trusting the Word of the Lord. So I pray to God that He will increase my faith. I ask forgiveness for falling once again and I ask Him to build me up into a stronger woman, that I will grow in faith to match the faithful God I believe in.
.
How strong is your faith?
.
Jesse Tree Week 1: The Patriarchs
Sunday: Root of Jesse
Monday: Creation
Tuesday: Fall of Mankind
Wednesday: Noah
Thursday: Abraham
Friday: Isaac
Saturday: Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment