Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Delight in the Lord

Romans 7:22
Psalm 37:1-11
Children express their delight so openly
What does it take to delight in the Lord and in His Law? For me it is a matter of loving Him. I see Him-His character, His plans for mankind, His mercy-reflected in the Law, so as I come to love Him more I find myself more capable of loving Him and loving His desires for me. I grow in my love of Him through reading and studying His Word, praying frequently, and purposefully thanking Him for the blessings He has poured out in my life. As my love grows, my desire for a deeper relationship with Him also grows, with wanting to please Him, asking for His purpose to be carried out in my life, hoping for more opportunities to share with others what a wonderful God we have. Do you delight in the Lord and in His Law? What could you do to increase your delight?

No comments:

Post a Comment