Friday, June 29, 2012

Gaining Mastery Over Sin

Romans 7:20
Revelation 3:7-13
There is so much frustration in knowing what I need to do and want to do and not quite being able to carry it out. I have such little power to do what is right. I have such little control over my own flesh, over my own being, and it's difficult knowing what I should do yet watching myself give in to what I should not do. Sin is in me and I am still in the process of gaining mastery over it. Yet Christ's message to the Philadelphians is so encouraging: despite their little strength they have remained faithful in keeping His Word and His Name. I know I need to grow and strengthen my faith and my relationship with Christ. Yet I find encouragement in His letter to the Philadelphians that He sees my efforts, weak as they are, and knows my attempts to struggle against sin rather than simply giving in. He knows when sin is something I choose and when it is something I give in to out of weakness rather than out of outright choice. He knows, and He is helping me along the way to strengthen my ability to fight sin and to choose for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment