Thursday, June 28, 2012

I choose to sin.

Romans 7:19
Genesis 3:16-19
Ever since Adam and Eve disobeyed God and were exiled from the Garden we have been struggling against sin. I'd like to blame them and pretend it is their fault that I give into temptation so often. Yet the truth is that while their sin gave me a predisposition to sin also, I sometimes (as in, frequently) choose to sin. I want to do what is right. I want to want to obey God. But in the moment of temptation I turn the other way and choose death. I choose to ignore the reminder from my conscience and commit sin. Again and again and again I am in direct disobedience to my Creator and Savior and have to ask for His forgiveness again. Sin lives in me and I don't have the power to resist; yet all too frequently I go even further and agree to sin even though I know Christ is giving me the grace to reject temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment