Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lent Day 19

Colossians 4:2-6
Prayer makes a difference. It makes a difference in who we are, in the circumstances we find ourselves in, and in our ability to handle those circumstances well. I find that I tend to become more like the Lord when I regularly spend time with Him in prayer. I find that problems resolve themselves when I pray about them. And I find that my ability to know what to do about the problems that remain improves significantly through prayer. I pray to honor God and in the process He blesses me with gifts far greater than anything I might offer Him. When I pray for others they receive those same blessings, their problems resolved and their ability to deal with their circumstances improved. The Colossians couldn't change Paul and Timothy's situation, but their prayers could, improving both the situation itself for the missionaries by God's Spirit opening up opportunities for them to speak and their ability to handle the situation well by speaking the right words.
Now is the best time to pray. If it's not a habit for you yet, now is the time to make it one. If you already pray every day, now is the time to pray a little bit longer or a little more often. Prayer makes a difference and we each need that blessing from God and the world around us needs that blessing from Him. How will you improve your prayer life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment