Saturday, January 14, 2012

My 3yr old daughter wants what????

While we were riding in our van the other day, my 4.5 year old asked why a big fish would eat a smaller fish. I launched into an explanation about each creature eating other creatures to sustain life and in turn being prey for another creature. I want my kids to know where their food comes from (not just a grocery store) and to understand that it's ok to eat meat but it's not ok to kill without purpose. But my 3 year old caught me off guard by jumping into the conversation with her 3 yr old lisp: "Mama, I hope for Christmas I get a gun so I can shoot animals so I can eat them!"


If you generally buy my daughter a Christmas present, please don't give her a gun next December. I don't mind if she wants to go hunting some day, but she's still too young to learn gun safety. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment