Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Romans 1:6

When something belongs to me I feel like I have the right to use it or abuse it in any way that suits me. But when someone belongs to me I want to care for, love, and protect that person in every way I can. I think for instance of the time my daughter hit her forehead on a brick pathway and received stitches. If I had known ahead of time what was going to happen, there is no question I would have avoided her injury altogether: I would have delayed coming home so she would not have been running around or I would have stopped her from running in the part of the yard or I would have met her so she knocked me into the brick and I got hurt instead of her. Because she is so precious to me--because she "belongs" to me--I want to protect her even if it means I have to suffer.

I belong to Jesus Christ not as an object for Him to throw away but as a person who has become an important member of His family. I trust His love for me; I know that I am someone who belongs to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment