Friday, April 1, 2011

New Directions

I am taking this blog in a new direction. I started this blog without any serious purpose; now I'm ready to actually use it.

For the moment this will primarily be my online prayer journal. The Bible study material I've been using for the past year was helpful, but I am beginning a new study today and will use this blog to help me write down my reflections. I know there will be many times I won't have access to the internet, so I'm hoping to write a post most days but schedule them so they post here every other day or so.

I found Kay Arthur's book, How to Study the Bible, to be extremely helpful, and will be using methods I learned from that for my own studying. I'm starting with the book of Romans; I should have some thoughts from my initial reading of the book posted in a couple days. I can't share my markup file online, but you can mark up your own (free) copy by downloading eSword. I love the ease of comparing different translations and highlighting and underlining without a case of different colored markers and without feeling like I'm desecrating a printed book (much less a printed Bible). Because I'm using a program on my desktop rather than a website, I will be providing citations but not links to Bible passages.

My hope is that other people will find these reflections beneficial for their own lives. I will be writing them based on my personal and spiritual growth but keeping the blog public and occasionally linking to other blogs. If no one besides me ever reads this it will have served its purpose, but perhaps others will also grow in their relationship with our Lord through reading this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment