Thursday, May 2, 2013

Trusting God's character when we don't understand His plan

Romans 11:25
1 Corinthians 13:9-12
image credit
God's amazing creativity not only adapts His plan to our humanity as we mess up the original, He actually brings something even better out of the chaos. It may seem strange to us that God would "harden" the hearts of His people, even to bring more people into His family. How important it is to remember that we see only a small sliver of His purposes and the fullness of His plan has not been revealed yet. What is far more critical to me than knowing His plan is knowing His character: His love, His mercy, His grace, His omnipotence. I may not understand the plan as I see it (in part because I see only a tiny fraction of it and won't see the whole until we have reached the end of the world), but I do understand that He loves me and has my best interest at heart. I may not comprehend how a particular challenge I'm facing will help me at all, but I do comprehend that the Lord has many blessings in store for me despite or because of that challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment