When the Lord blesses you, do you thank Him in any practical way? It doesn't take 2 seconds to verbalize a prayer of thanksgiving, and that is certainly worthwhile, but do you also respond in ways that make a difference in building His Kingdom? While we can't follow along providing for His physical needs (since He doesn't have any) here are some stepping stone ideas that I have/do/should implement in my own life as a response to His blessings toward me:
- give a financial donation to a needy individual/organization for each unexpected financial blessing that you receive
- give a regular portion (beyond a tithe) of your income back to God's people in some way
- set aside a consistent time each day to spend in prayer and Bible study
- volunteer in a regular way for an organization whose mission you support
- set a goal for yourself of inviting someone over for a meal on a regular basis
- make a practice of visiting some people who will never visit you (elderly, neighbors, disabled individuals), with or without a present or offer of service
God does bless you every day and there are so many ways to respond to His gifts. Take time to recognize those blessings and respond to them by returning each one in some way.