Thursday, August 23, 2012

What I "Feel" I Need vs. What I Actually Need

Romans 8:26
Luke 12:22-34
To be honest, as much as sometimes I don't know how I should pray, sometimes it feels like God doesn't give me what I feel like I need. His priorities and perspective are so different from my own. The problem of course lies in me; I need to change my priorities and perspective to line up with His, not the other way around. Sometimes I understand this clearly enough to pray without words, asking the Lord to see my heart and give me what I truly need. Sometimes I become anxious, worrying about all the things I "need" and don't have yet. May I learn to trust the Lord more; to allow Him to see what I need and provide it; to adapt to His perspective and His priorities rather than expect Him to adapt to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment