Friday, May 4, 2012

Romans 6:12, Who Will Rule?

Romans 6:12
Galatians 5:13-16
Yes, God forgives each one of my sins. But is that any reason to continue to sin? It's one thing to slip up because I am weak; it's quite different to allow sin to be the ruler of my heart, my life, my body. I wasn't saved from sin so that I can continue reveling in it as thoroughly as before I was saved. I was saved so that I can live a different life. Loving others instead of "devouring" them is more difficult yet also more rewarding. I am happier, those I am loving are happier, and there is a domino effect that benefits even more people than the "pay it forward" proponents realize. I still don't always choose it though. Galatians 5:16 tells what I need to do differently: I need to walk in the Spirit rather than in my flesh. That more than anything else motivates me to pray throughout the day, to read Scripture, to grow in knowing the Lord better and seeking His will for my life. Unless He reigns over me, I already know that sin will reign in His place.

No comments:

Post a Comment