Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Romans 6:10, Who Do You Live For?

Romans 6:10
Philippians 2:5-11
Who do you live for? It's easy enough to live for God when I'm receiving His blessings; it's much more difficult when I have to struggle with something He's asked me to do, such as forgiving someone who's hurt me, loving someone who's unlovable, or acting gracious toward someone who's rude and difficult to please. Then the choice to live for God becomes an act of the will and a plea for His help. Jesus Christ endured it all and much more besides. In the process He chose humility even though He rightfully could have asserted His Kingship. I don't have that right, so it's unreasonable for me to respond with significantly less humility than my Lord Jesus. I need to choose for humility because Jesus did and He is the One I am trying to imitate. He chose in both the easy times and the difficult times to live for God. How can I choose for less?

No comments:

Post a Comment