Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Romans 6:2

Romans 6:2
John 8:34-36
Christ went through the Crucifixion and Resurrection to change us and set us free. When we choose to sin, expecting in advance that Christ will forgive us later, we are choosing for slavery. It doesn't make sense for anyone to choose slavery when freedom is available, so why do we choose it? One sin leads to another: the more I choose to sin, the more I am tempted to sin again. On the other hand, each time I choose not to sin makes it easier the next time to choose again for Christ's freedom. It really is key though to recognize that sin=slavery, Christ=freedom. Unless I understand that relationship I will be deceived into thinking that sin is pleasurable and self-control is drudgery. Unless I understand that relationship I will be deceived into thinking that I have nothing to offer non-Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment