Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lent Day 22

Luke 11:9-13
Jesus constantly referred to God the Father as our Father. Whether or not you have a good relationship with your own earthly father, God your Father is always good and loving. When you are in need of anything whatsoever, I hope that you ask Him to provide what you need and trust Him to do so. I have asked Him to provide for my wants and for my needs and it is always hard to trust His love when the thing I am asking for is a need. Out of desperation I start to wonder why He hasn't provided what I need before it became truly necessary. Yet I learn each and every time that He does provide what I need when I need it. I remember that He gives me this day my daily bread, not the bread I need for the whole week. I acknowledge the shallowness of my trust and witness the Lord's work in me to deepen my trust in Him. I discover just how much I need the Lord and how inadequate is my ability to do everything on my own. And as I see Him answer my prayers I discover once again that He does give me what I ask for and His gifts are always good: never the scorpion when I've asked for an egg, though sometimes cheese and meat as well as the bread I've requested.

No comments:

Post a Comment