Thursday, September 1, 2011

Romans 3:19

Romans 3:19
What do you brag about? It can be easy to fall into the trap of bragging when things are going well in my life, but when the accusations against me stack up I feel rather less inclined to boast about anything. If I were to consider each and every aspect of the Law spelled out for the Israelites, I think I would feel a little depressed at my inability to obey all of them. I might even give up and sin in new ways, discouraged by the complete impossibility of successfully obeying the whole Law. My mouth, my bragging, would be "stopped" in the face of the judgement against me. Even the thought of bragging would be like a Junior League kid bragging about his own prowess to an MLB player. My successes would be so limited in comparison to my failures that it would be embarrassing to even consider boasting about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment