Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Romans 2:27

Romans 2:27


I try not to compare my two children but there are times when I know that if one can complete a task then the other can too. Especially if my younger daughter is able to complete it, her big sister should be able to also. They are a year and a half apart in age with very different gifts and abilities, but I know, for instance, that if my younger daughter can keep her bib clean at a particular meal, then her older sister should be able to also. If the younger can follow our directions to brush her teeth, so can her sister. If the younger can set forks on the table for dinner, her obedience provides a standard to judge her sister's disobedience. In the same way, those with the Law and the circumcision are the older sibling who should be able to honor and obey God at least as well as those "younger siblings" who are just trying to live in the way they feel is right without the Law to guide them. When "the uncircumcised" without the Law still do what is right, it is a standard clearly judging the misbehavior of those who have been told exactly what is right and choose not to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment