Wednesday, July 13, 2011

PPT: Supplication

If I wrote down every name and every request of every person that I could or should pray for regularly, it would take up my entire prayer time to get through the list. What works better for me is to sort names into categories. God knows the real needs of each person; He doesn't need me to give Him a long explanation in my prayer of why I am praying for each individual and what I would like Him to do for them. Instead I can pray for a broader group of people, naming just a couple of them, and praying for the needs they have in common. Categories might include:

  • Family
  • Neighbors
  • Co-workers
  • People I know who are sick
  • People I know looking for a job
  • People at my church
  • Pregnant women
  • People I expect to interact with today
  • Particular groups/organizations I belong to/especially support
  • Politicians
  • Children in danger of abortion
As an example of how I would pray for my family, I might say, "Lord, please bless my family today. Please watch over them and protect them. Please show them Your love in a very tangible way today and help them know You better. Please especially bless _________ today and help her find a job that fits her needs and her personality. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment