Wednesday, June 1, 2011

PPT: Thanksgiving

I have been given so many blessings. I am trying to teach my children to recognize the blessings they have received also and give God thanks. The answers to the question, "What good things have I been given?" easily number in the millions, but they can be hard to admit when I'm in a poor mood. If my attitude is negative, I become side-tracked by all the challenges I'm facing and all the perceived wrongs against me. When that happens I find it helpful to focus on the simple and obvious blessings. Nothing is too small or insignificant:
  • Today's or yesterday's food
  • Blue sky
  • Family and friends
  • A roof over my head
  • Spring (summer/fall/winter)
My blessings from God are numerous, but sometimes it's the very simple that Works for Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment