Monday, March 14, 2011

Be As Holy As God

Leviticus 19:1-2


This sounds so simple yet becomes so difficult in practice. No matter how good I try to be, no matter how closely I try to imitate God, I always fail. Yet the hardest part is not failing and asking God's forgiveness but rather succeeding and finding my efforts completely falling apart on me when faced with real life. The hardest to take is when I do what I think is right and someone else gets hurt in the process or completely misunderstands my efforts. Have you ever chosen what appeared to be the right thing to do only to discover yourself reamed out by another person for making what they thought was the wrong choice completely? That's when I have to remember WHY I'm trying to choose for holiness: not for other people nor for their impressions of me, but because God has asked me to choose for holiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment