Friday, February 18, 2011

Sow, and trust the Lord for the yield

I was encouraged yesterday in reading Mark 4:26-29. Oftentimes it can be discouraging when someone tells me again and again that they're interested in Christ and in community, but don't follow up their words with actions. I begin to wonder if they're trying to put me off while sounding very interested or if they are really disorganized enough to double-book themselves for every event I invited them to. But really, whether they come to Christ or community or not isn't my responsibility. It IS up to me to love, to invite, to share my life and open it up to others. In other words, it is my responsibility to sow the seed, water it and remove any weeds I find. But it is God who causes the seed to grow, not me. And often the seed will grow in the middle of the night, when I'm not even watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment