Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pray Always

I've been shown up by my 2yo once again. An hour and a half after my girls were supposed to begin their nap I was feeling frustrated and a bit overwhelmed wishing they would both fall asleep. One had progressed after a catnap to playing mostly quietly on the floor. Her sister had to be returned to bed several times after getting up without permission. (The rule is that she at least lay quietly, book optional, and usually nap. The rest helps her afternoon attitude tremendously even if she doesn't fall asleep.)

My daughter has apparently been listening to her father's lessons even if I haven't. My focus was on my inability to help them rest quietly and my frustration. But what I heard from her bedroom was her little voice praying. "Lord Jesus, please help me stay in bed. Amen."


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment