Saturday, June 20, 2009

Read it again

"It is a gift of grace for one to recognize his own blindness before the Word of God and to pray that his eyes be opened." -Dietrich Bonhoeffer, "Eyes Wide Open"

No matter how many times I've read a particular verse I still find God can teach me new things when I read that same verse over again in a spirit of prayer. Whether it's new insights from Scripture studies about the original language or connections between verses that enlighten each other, or simply a change in my life circumstances that provides a new perspective, the Lord uses whatever verses I happen to be reading that day to speak into my life. So it's worthwhile reading each verse once again, recognizing my blindness and praying that God opens my eyes to today's lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment