Saturday, November 14, 2015

Recipe: Pumpkin Pancakes


This recipe is for my sister-in-law. We had a family brunch today and she enjoyed these pancakes I made very much, especially considering that she doesn't normally enjoy pancakes. I managed to snap this shot of the last 3 pancakes just in time...they have since disappeared altogether. I will note that I used a gluten free flour mix which does not include xanthan gum, my pumpkin puree was home cooked, and I skipped the baking powder and replaced most of the milk with plain dairy kefir. But I've made the recipe just as it is written below, so anyone should feel confident in making it without those particular changes for their own delicious breakfast.
.
Pumpkin Pancakes
1 3/4 cup flour (gluten free or not)
2 Tbl brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or your favorite mixture of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, citrus zest)
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg, beaten
2 Tbl melted butter
chocolate chips, optional
Preheat griddle. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, egg and butter; mix well. Combine wet and dry ingredients.
As you pour each pancake on the griddle, sprinkle with a few chocolate chips if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment