Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Changing my outlook

Several years ago a friend told me I was very negative. Realizing she was right, I began writing down everyday three new items I was thankful for. The exercise changed my outlook tremendously. Last week I decided I needed to start up the practice again. It was a day that included a text to my husband that said "I quit." so he would call me back and console me. It was a day that included my 15mo learning how to reach the top of the kitchen counter and inside the scissors drawer. It was a day that included one of our best cloth napkins receiving an instant demotion to paint rag. It was one of those days improved by tears. It was a day that clearly revealed my need to focus on the blessings so I wouldn't become overwhelmed by the challenges. So here are the first three items that come to mind today for which I thank the Lord.
.
My children are healthy. Thank you, Lord, that so far this is not one of the crosses I have had to carry. Please, Lord, be with those who are carrying this cross. Encourage them, sustain them, comfort them, heal them.
.
My husband. I am eternally grateful for being blessed with the best husband in the world. He even puts up with me.
.
My faith. Faith that the Lord exists, faith that He is good, faith that He is capably in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment