Friday, November 16, 2012

Honesty About Our Sin

Romans 10:6
Hebrews 4:14-16
Deuteronomy 30:11-12
Taking the easy road to sin or the
difficult path to righteousness?
If God could tell the Israelites they had all they needed to obey His Law, how much more do we have what we need to follow the Lord? They had a set of rules; we have salvation through Christ, the Holy Spirit guiding us, God's grace and mercy available at all times to us. Our society now likes to blame someone else, anyone else, for anything that goes wrong. But we need to be honest, at least with ourselves and the Lord, preferably with our Christian family: did I commit that sin because of circumstances beyond my control or out of my own free will? I have every tool available to me to avoid sin: clear definitions to identify the sin for what it is, grace to say no to temptation, mercy to receive forgiveness when I repent. Did I really sin because I was too tired, or too emotional, or too tempted or too whatever? Or did I sin because I chose the easy road when I could have worked harder and avoided that sin?

No comments:

Post a Comment