Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy Heritage: Childhood Logic

When talking about sizes of things recently I mentioned a blue whale. My 4yr asked whether it would eat a person. Her next question, naturally, was whether a green whale would eat a human. I love her logic: since one variety is named according to its color, other varieties must be various other colors and named accordingly also.
.
I've been trying a few different granola recipes, looking for the right fit for my family. The remaining members of the family don't always enjoy the experiment results, and certainly not the last batch I made. Reassuring my 5yr that "Mama will make a different batch soon", my husband received this response instead, "Oh, no! not again!" Hmph.
.
My 4yr's dream for owning a windmill when she grows up: "I'm going to have 16 children and they'll all hold onto the windmill and go around and around." Her sister's romanticism: "If I were a farmer's wife, I'd just run down the hills all day with my husband."
.
They're still learning the whole I Spy/Hide and Seek concept. This summer as we were driving to our campsite my 5yr said, "I spy something brown. I'll give you a hint; your hair is brown."
.
My 5yr daughter didn't want to use a scented soap when she was informed it would make her smells like flowers. "I wouldn't want that! The bees would eat me up!"
.
Coloring is a serious activity in our household. One daughter decided recently to draw "the terror of the seven seas". Then she thought about the importance of such a work and declared "it will take me awhile!"

No comments:

Post a Comment