Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lent Day 6

Psalm 51:4-7
God has created our world; He created each one of us and the laws which we must obey. Each and every sin, whether public or private, whether directly hurting another person or "only ourselves", violates God's Law for us. If you ever wonder whether something is a sin or not, ask yourself if by doing it you are loving God with all your heart, soul and mind (Mt 22:37) and if by doing it you are loving other people as much as you love yourself (Mt 22:39). Each and every time my actions violate one or both of these laws I am disobeying God. And since each and every act of disobedience toward my Creator is a sin, I need to ask Him for forgiveness. And He does forgive me! Sin creates dirt on my soul; it makes it difficult to pray and difficult to listen to God. But what a promise offered in Ps 51:7! When I am honest about my sin and ask God to forgive me, He does and He removes the dirt that breaks down my relationship with Him. Be honest with God today and ask His forgiveness for your sins. Then offer Him a present from your heart that you know will make Him smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment