Saturday, November 12, 2011

My 4 Year Old Eats Her Vegetables

My four-year-old has decided for some reason that she is unhealthy. This is encouraged by a small amount of mucous (it's fall, turning into winter...) causing an occasional cough at breakfast time. So she needs to eat more vegetables. This is what she told my brother in law:


"I've been trying and trying to get my mom to add more vegetables in our meals but she won't!"


Apparently, the problem begins in that there only exists one vegetable, green beans. (I'm not sure why...) This is one argument I'm not going to fight ("No, you can't have any more vegetables!") so we bought some frozen green beans especially for her. That very afternoon she ate, at her request, 1.5 cups of frozen green beans.




Her sister isn't ready to try them but I'm not worried since I know they each already eat 4-6 servings of green and orange vegetables every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment