Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bible Study: Hear

Hopefully, Scripture is read aloud in your church. Hopefully, the majority of music you listen to is Christian, including a large dose of Scripture set to music.
The music you listen to affects your thoughts, whether you choose to actively engage it or just let it run in the background. When that music is explicitly Christian, it can help us obey Romans 12:2. The words of that music run through our thoughts over and over again; will the words you choose be based on Scripture or based on the morals of the world around us? I find it extremely helpful to my thoughts and emotions to play music that encourages me to think of Christ. Because it helps me relate better to the people around me, that not only Works for Me, but also for my whole family!

No comments:

Post a Comment