Thursday, June 30, 2011

Romans 2:7

What am I striving for? What am I seeking after? Sometimes I think I'm striving for one thing but my actions say I'm striving for something different. I need to reexamine my goals and whether I'm doing the right things to reach those goals.
1. I need to HAVE goals. I'm never going to achieve what I want if even I don't know what I want. I don't believe God created us to simply enjoy life. Although He does also want us to enjoy it, I believe we do that most when we have goals we're striving for, such as growing to become more like Him.
2. Are my goals worthwhile? Are they worth sacrificing for? Are they worth giving my life for?
3. Are my actions going to help me achieve my goals? Romans 2:7 tells me what I should strive for if I want everlasting life; am I living that out in the way I relate to other people? Am I spending enough time seeking God?Am I too caught up in the cares of this world (including good things like laundry and feeding my family) to remember to spend time on the cares of the world to come (e.g. daily prayer) and to live out everything I do with an attitude that pleases the Lord?

Am I patient in good works, seeking glory and honor and incorruptibility?

No comments:

Post a Comment