Monday, June 13, 2011

Romans 1:29

I don't know Greek but I do have access to a dictionary telling me which Greek word corresponds to which English word and some of the other meanings or implications of the original word that may not be communicated in the translation. Here, although all the translations I have say "being filled" or "were filled" or "have become filled", the dictionary shows a sense of being filled to capacity, replete, even crammed full. There's no room left for anything else. What a list of things to be filled with! With no room left over for, say, love, happiness, peace, or forgiveness. I would much rather appear to be a fool in the eyes of this world than to be filled to capacity with this list of evil and have no room left for God's blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment