Wednesday, June 8, 2011

PPT: Supplication

This is the portion of prayer that could most easily overwhelm all other categories. Remember that God already knows all your needs and desires as well as those of the people important to you. Depending on how much time you have available, you may want to pray for individuals and groups of individuals rather than for each need of each person you know. Intercession is not a magic formula with automatic results. Prayer DOES work but it is about bringing our thoughts, desires and anxieties to God NOT taking on greater burdens of guilt for things not turning out the way we'd hoped they would because we somehow failed to pray enough. My question to answer during this portion of my prayer time is: "What is tempting me to be anxious today?" In other words, what is important to me that I need to submit to God's care and receive His grace for? Learning to identify that Works for Me for my list of intercessions. Remember, God knows even what you don't say and He cares for each one of your loves ones even more than you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment